The Internet lost it when they discovered that Senator Ted Cruz looked like Duke basketball star Grayson Allen, but it looks like the senator has found another sports doppelgänger in none other than Chicago Cubs owner Tom Ricketts.
The uncanny resemblance between the two was especially apparent when they posed for a photo together on Tuesday night, but the similarity hasn’t been lost on either Ricketts or Cruz. In an interview with USA Today, Ricketts has said that people often mistake him for Cruz, while Cruz took to his Twitter account to joke about their strong resemblance to one another.
However, leave it to the Internet to really tie up the Ted Cruz sports doppelgänger narrative neatly.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at email@example.com