Homeland Security officials will announce Wednesday new aviation security measures for United States-bound international flights, a department spokesperson confirmed to TIME.
The announcement will not include an immediate expansion of a ban on laptops and other large electronic devices on flights.
An expansion of that ban has been anticipated since the U.S. imposed laptop restrictions on flights coming from countries such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey in March. Officials said in May that the ban could likely expand to include flights from some European countries.
Reuters first reported the impending announcement on Wednesday.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Mahita Gajanan at email@example.com