The internet recently discovered Steve Carell changed his look: he has silver hair now.
It was the 54-year-old actor’s London jaunt in a close-fitting sweater, khakis and shades that came to the internet’s attention. On Twitter, people quickly took notice of the dapper star and shared all sorts of praise.
Naturally, a few users compared his new look to his role in the 2011 romantic comedy Crazy, Stupid, Love, in which Ryan Gosling gives him a whole new look — and a new lease on life, after he splits from his wife Emily (Julianne Moore).
So when he emerged at the premiere for Despicable Me 3 in Los Angeles on Saturday, ET’s Carly Steel took the opportunity to ask him about the newly formed fan club for his new silver hair.
First, he busted out his trademark humor: “I am so sick of people just looking at me for my physical attributes. It’s just genetic. There’s nothing I can do.”
Then he got real: “I’m bursting with pride. That’s very nice.”
One woman started it all.
It only took off from there.
These are the silver years, truly the silver years of Steve Carell.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was