While Bruno Mars pumped up the crowd as the opening act at the 2017 BET Awards on Sunday night with an electrifying rendition of his song “Perm,” it looks like the 24k Magic singer was feeling considerably less high-energy at one point during the show.
Viewers were quick to point out that it appeared as though Mars was shutting his eyes during Mary J. Blige’s very excellent performance and it wasn’t long before the Internet made him into a meme perfect for anyone who’s just been too tired to keep their eyes open at a social function.
One user pointed out that it was possible that Bruno was just “resting his eyes.”
Others called it for what they believed it was.
Another launched a thorough investigation.
People on the Internet had zero chill when it came to Bruno Mars possibly falling asleep at the BET Awards.
While others found him very relatable.
Eternal mood, honestly.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at email@example.com