Her lawyer Gerhard Lebitsch told reporters on Thursday that his client filed the legal challenge because authorities had used the bill “like a club” after she refused purchase offers from the state that were apparently too low, Associated Press reports.
Hitler was born in a rented room on the top floor in 1889 and the Austrian government does not want the building to become a pilgrimage site for neo-Nazis. According to the BBC, the house was turned into a shrine to Hitler during Nazi rule and was shut in 1944 when they began to lose control. The Vienna court decision is due in two weeks.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time