John Green’s fans have been waiting for a new novel from him since 2012, when The Fault in Our Stars took the YA world by storm. Five years have passed, but they don’t have to wait much longer: the author’s next novel, Turtles All the Way Down, will come out in October, his publisher announced on Thursday.
The new novel centers on Aza Holmes, 16, who — like the more famous Holmes — is trying to solve a mystery. While she tries to locate a billionaire who has disappeared, she also struggles with her mental health.
“This is my first attempt to write directly about the kind of mental illness that has affected my life since childhood,” Green said in a statement, “so while the story is fictional, it is also quite personal.”
With an initial printing of 1.5 million copies, Turtles All the Way Down is set for an October 10 publication.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now