John Green’s fans have been waiting for a new novel from him since 2012, when The Fault in Our Stars took the YA world by storm. Five years have passed, but they don’t have to wait much longer: the author’s next novel, Turtles All the Way Down, will come out in October, his publisher announced on Thursday.
The new novel centers on Aza Holmes, 16, who — like the more famous Holmes — is trying to solve a mystery. While she tries to locate a billionaire who has disappeared, she also struggles with her mental health.
“This is my first attempt to write directly about the kind of mental illness that has affected my life since childhood,” Green said in a statement, “so while the story is fictional, it is also quite personal.”
With an initial printing of 1.5 million copies, Turtles All the Way Down is set for an October 10 publication.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve