1. Here’s how the same probiotic that’s in your morning yogurt could save the honey bees.
By the Lawson Health Research Institute
2. Science’s next great breakthrough will probably be made by an amateur.
By Nathan Hurst in Smithsonian
3. Could the Amazon-Whole Foods deal change the way we get our food?
By Steve Holt in Civil Eats
4. We need Tunisia in the fight against ISIS. So why cut aid to the country?
By Sarah Yerkes at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
5. Talent agencies want to solve Hollywood’s diversity problem.
By Madeline Berg in Forbes
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction