While John Oliver is British, his show Last Week Tonight often centers around American politics, where Oliver has often leveled criticism at President Donald Trump for quite a while. In fact, Oliver’s distaste for Trump winning the election was so much that he says it required a truly fabulous antidote: RuPaul’s Drag Race.
According to Vanity Fair, Oliver watched the results of the election come in alone, calling the outcome “not ideal.” He then shared that he felt “so hollow inside” that he turned to an unorthodox but trusted antidote: five back-to-back episodes of RuPaul’s Drag Race.
“It was the version of America that I wanted to live in, rather than the one that was unfolding in history,” Oliver said.
A life lesson that anyone can benefit from: there’s very little in life that lip-syncing for your life cannot improve.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023