1. It’s now possible to hack someone’s muscles.
By Mark Wilson in Fast Co.Design
2. Newsrooms are missing a valuable opportunity to connect with new readers: America’s immigrants.
By Madeleine Bair in Medium
3. Will social media, by revealing everything, snuff out the need for novels?
By Andrew O’Hagan in the Guardian
4. Tech startups were supposed to save cities from urban decline. Now they’re tearing those cities apart.
By JRichard Florida in MIT Technology Review
5. What if hydrogen — a powerful alternative fuel — could be easily pulled from the air?
By David Glanz at RMIT University
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far