It’s been a big few weeks for Jay Z. He scored a loving tribute from the former president, his wife, Beyoncé, gave birth to twins, and he’s got a new album coming soon. Along with that album comes a more front-facing bit of news: Jay Z is changing his name again.
Just as he dropped the hyphen (becoming “Jay Z” instead of “Jay-Z”) after 2013’s Magna Carta Holy Grail, EW has confirmed that Jay Z has once again changed the stylization of his name ahead of his upcoming visual album 4:44.
“Jay Z” is now a relic of the past, consigned to the dustbin of history. In its place stands JAY-Z, now with the hyphen back in its place and the whole name in all-caps.
Long live JAY-Z.
- Introducing the TIME100 Climate List
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time