Following the Wednesday shooting at a Republican congressional baseball practice in Alexandria, Va., that left multiple people shot and hospitalized — including House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, Stephen Colbert and Trevor Noah came together to address the day’s events.
While appearing as a guest on The Late Show, Noah was asked by Colbert for his thoughts on the attack. “It was great to see people from both sides seeing this and uniting under the banner of human and American before anything else,” he replied. “That’s one of the things that we’re seeing less and less of in society today, it feels like.”
The Daily Show host continued by encouraging both parties to more frequently put forth a message of unity.
Watch the full clip below.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving