When viewers were first introduced to the young Stark daughter, she was being groomed — much to her chagrin — to become a “proper” lady. However, the few times she was actually shown in courtly attire, her hair and gowns were visibly disheveled.
Following her father Ned’s beheading, Arya’s hair was chopped off by her father’s friend Yoren — who also gave her the idea of keeping a kill list — and she began dressing in “boyish” clothing in order to covertly travel through Westeros.
She maintained this style up until starting her training with the Faceless Men, at which point she typically appeared in either the uniform of the House of Black and White or traditional Braavosi garb.
Now that she has reclaimed her Stark identity and is (possibly) journeying back to Westeros, it looks as though her clothing will mirror this return to her roots — sneak peaks of season seven have shown her decked out in Northern attire.
See the full gallery of Arya’s costumes above.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time