A Massachusetts woman who had no idea she was pregnant unexpectedly gave birth on she street on Monday.
Christine Harvey of Malden, Mass. was in so much excruciating pain that she had arranged for her friend to give her a ride to the hospital.
Harvey told her boyfriend, Doug Rogers, she was experiencing intense cramps, not realizing they were actually contractions ahead of labor, according to WCVB.
“She went from here to there, and the baby came,” Rogers told the local news station.
Before first responders arrived at the scene, Harvey gave birth to a 6-pound, 6-ounce baby girl.
“She was holding something really small, and there was a lot of blood,” Rogers said, adding that he was pleasantly surprised by the unexpected addition. “I held her. I was like ‘Huh?’ But she’s gorgeous.”
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears