A Massachusetts woman who had no idea she was pregnant unexpectedly gave birth on she street on Monday.
Christine Harvey of Malden, Mass. was in so much excruciating pain that she had arranged for her friend to give her a ride to the hospital.
Harvey told her boyfriend, Doug Rogers, she was experiencing intense cramps, not realizing they were actually contractions ahead of labor, according to WCVB.
“She went from here to there, and the baby came,” Rogers told the local news station.
Before first responders arrived at the scene, Harvey gave birth to a 6-pound, 6-ounce baby girl.
“She was holding something really small, and there was a lot of blood,” Rogers said, adding that he was pleasantly surprised by the unexpected addition. “I held her. I was like ‘Huh?’ But she’s gorgeous.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time