A Chicago man was charged with battery, after he went on a racist rant in a Starbucks Tuesday.
The incident started when Boucher became angry that someone spilled a drink on him Tuesday afternoon inside the Starbucks, according to the report.
The issue moved to the sidewalk, where Boucher spat on a man and a women and punched a 59-year-old man unprovoked, according to CNN. The man was taken to the hospital for an eye injury, according to ABC 7 Chicago. In the video, the man can be seen falling to the ground.
As a Starbucks employee tried to intervene, Boucher yelled at a black man, calling him “disgusting,” and his children “disposable vermin.” He was also heard calling another black man a slave.
Boucher is charged with three counts of misdemeanor battery.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com