Gema is one lucky canine. The airport service dog, who has been a loyal employee at the Orlando International Airport for nearly five years, is getting a very celebratory send-off today as she heads into official retirement from her bag-sniffing duties as one of the airport’s animal squad members.
In a party properly documented on Twitter by the airport staff, Gema is treated to everything from a sparkling tiara to some seriously special (and dog-appropriate) treats. She even got to celebrate in the company of her fellow dog “besties,” as the airport’s social media puts it — and her handler Eddie, of course.
According to the airport Twitter account, Gema will be spending her retirement living with Eddie, so looks like she’s got her post-career plans worked out perfectly. A dog’s life doesn’t look so bad at all.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time