Gema is one lucky canine. The airport service dog, who has been a loyal employee at the Orlando International Airport for nearly five years, is getting a very celebratory send-off today as she heads into official retirement from her bag-sniffing duties as one of the airport’s animal squad members.
In a party properly documented on Twitter by the airport staff, Gema is treated to everything from a sparkling tiara to some seriously special (and dog-appropriate) treats. She even got to celebrate in the company of her fellow dog “besties,” as the airport’s social media puts it — and her handler Eddie, of course.
According to the airport Twitter account, Gema will be spending her retirement living with Eddie, so looks like she’s got her post-career plans worked out perfectly. A dog’s life doesn’t look so bad at all.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023