Gema is one lucky canine. The airport service dog, who has been a loyal employee at the Orlando International Airport for nearly five years, is getting a very celebratory send-off today as she heads into official retirement from her bag-sniffing duties as one of the airport’s animal squad members.
In a party properly documented on Twitter by the airport staff, Gema is treated to everything from a sparkling tiara to some seriously special (and dog-appropriate) treats. She even got to celebrate in the company of her fellow dog “besties,” as the airport’s social media puts it — and her handler Eddie, of course.
According to the airport Twitter account, Gema will be spending her retirement living with Eddie, so looks like she’s got her post-career plans worked out perfectly. A dog’s life doesn’t look so bad at all.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time