Wednesday is June 7th, the birthday of one of the world’s most brilliant musical geniuses, Prince, so what better way to pay homage to what would have been the Purple One’s 59th birthday than with a musical tribute that takes stock of his greatest hits?
A new musical mashup by Michael Korte, the YouTube personality that conceived the pop culture collision of a Hamilton/Beyoncé mashup seeks to do just that with #PURPLE4PRINCE, an ode to his Purpleness mixed with the songs of The Color Purple musical, a combination that’s fitting in more ways than one. Featuring the vocal talents of Lolah Brown, Milo Bloom, Emi Secrest, Uri Grey, Kawan DeBose, and Sha’Leah Nikole and arranged by Jared Jenkins, the mashup uses songs from the popular musical against Prince favorites like “Purple Rain” and “I Feel For You.”
Celebrate his Purpleness and watch the full video below.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears