Wednesday is June 7th, the birthday of one of the world’s most brilliant musical geniuses, Prince, so what better way to pay homage to what would have been the Purple One’s 59th birthday than with a musical tribute that takes stock of his greatest hits?
A new musical mashup by Michael Korte, the YouTube personality that conceived the pop culture collision of a Hamilton/Beyoncé mashup seeks to do just that with #PURPLE4PRINCE, an ode to his Purpleness mixed with the songs of The Color Purple musical, a combination that’s fitting in more ways than one. Featuring the vocal talents of Lolah Brown, Milo Bloom, Emi Secrest, Uri Grey, Kawan DeBose, and Sha’Leah Nikole and arranged by Jared Jenkins, the mashup uses songs from the popular musical against Prince favorites like “Purple Rain” and “I Feel For You.”
Celebrate his Purpleness and watch the full video below.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was