A Washington D.C. bar is hotly anticipating former FBI Director James Comey’s testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday.
Shaw’s Tavern is so excited for Comey’s congressional hearing — which is likely to focus on private meetings between the ousted FBI director and President Donald Trump — that it is opening early to host a ‘covfefe,’ a reference to Trump’s late-night tweet in May.
“You know you want to watch the drama unfold this Thursday,” the bar posted on its Facebook event, The Comey Hearing Covfefe. The bar will open at 9:30 a.m. and will offer an “FBI” sandwich — a spin on the BLT that includes fried chicken, bacon and iceberg lettuce. Those who want something sweeter can opt for the “FBI” breakfast: French toast, bacon and ice cream.
Let the political theater commence.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy