While Jason Momoa is filming Aquaman, the beloved Game of Thrones star found time during his schedule to perform a haka for his friend, Mark Hunt, a mixed martial artist from New Zealand who’s known as “The Super Samoan.”
Hunt, who was visiting the Australian gym Heartbreak Conditioning, was honored with the traditional Maori war cry and dance by the members of the gym, which included Momoa, who’s currently filming his new superhero movie down under.
According to an Instagram post from Heartbreak Conditioning founder and owner Cole Te Tuhi Puru, the haka was specially composed for the gym and is only used on “special occasions.”
Watch Momoa perform the haka below.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time