While Jason Momoa is filming Aquaman, the beloved Game of Thrones star found time during his schedule to perform a haka for his friend, Mark Hunt, a mixed martial artist from New Zealand who’s known as “The Super Samoan.”
Hunt, who was visiting the Australian gym Heartbreak Conditioning, was honored with the traditional Maori war cry and dance by the members of the gym, which included Momoa, who’s currently filming his new superhero movie down under.
According to an Instagram post from Heartbreak Conditioning founder and owner Cole Te Tuhi Puru, the haka was specially composed for the gym and is only used on “special occasions.”
Watch Momoa perform the haka below.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart