Richard Angell told Buzzfeed News that he was in the Borough Market restaurant, Arabica Bar and Kitchen, when he witnessed people covered in blood running by and heard gunfire.
“These people shouldn’t win,” Angell, who is the director of the left-leaning think tank Progress, told Buzzfeed. “This is the best city in the world and Borough Market is one of my favourite bits of the best city in the world. I’m not going to let the barbaric acts of cowardly people minimise that.”
“If they [terrorists] have a problem with me having a G&T with friends and flirting and being gay then I’m going to carry on doing it” he told Buzzfeed. “If that’s so barbaric to these people then two fingers up to them.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time