Seven people died and dozens were injured in a two-part attack in London Saturday night over the span of just eight minutes. Three men drove a van directly into pedestrians on the London Bridge, and then attacked people with knives at Borough Market — a lively area filled with restaurant and pubs.
Three attackers were killed by police Saturday night, authorities said. British counterterrorism police have since arrested 12 people in connection with the attack.
Police have not released names of the victims of the attack, but foreign officials from Canada, France, Australia and Germany have said members of their countries were among those killed or injured.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror