Seven people died and dozens were injured in a two-part attack in London Saturday night over the span of just eight minutes. Three men drove a van directly into pedestrians on the London Bridge, and then attacked people with knives at Borough Market — a lively area filled with restaurant and pubs.
Three attackers were killed by police Saturday night, authorities said. British counterterrorism police have since arrested 12 people in connection with the attack.
Police have not released names of the victims of the attack, but foreign officials from Canada, France, Australia and Germany have said members of their countries were among those killed or injured.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time