Britain’s Prime Minister Theresa May called for a shakeup in counter-extremism and counter-terrorism efforts in a speech made on Downing Street following Saturday evening’s terrorist attack in London.
May said that the United Kingdom is experiencing a “new trend” in the terrorism threat and hinted at a broad crackdown on extremism in the country. She added that while the major political parties have temporarily suspended their national campaigning, the General Election will go ahead as planned on Thursday.
Read her remarks in full below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State