Britain’s Prime Minister Theresa May called for a shakeup in counter-extremism and counter-terrorism efforts in a speech made on Downing Street following Saturday evening’s terrorist attack in London.
May said that the United Kingdom is experiencing a “new trend” in the terrorism threat and hinted at a broad crackdown on extremism in the country. She added that while the major political parties have temporarily suspended their national campaigning, the General Election will go ahead as planned on Thursday.
Read her remarks in full below.
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year