Britain’s Prime Minister Theresa May called for a shakeup in counter-extremism and counter-terrorism efforts in a speech made on Downing Street following Saturday evening’s terrorist attack in London.
May said that the United Kingdom is experiencing a “new trend” in the terrorism threat and hinted at a broad crackdown on extremism in the country. She added that while the major political parties have temporarily suspended their national campaigning, the General Election will go ahead as planned on Thursday.
Read her remarks in full below.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time