If the RompHim left you craving even more fashionable — and slightly flashier — alternatives to khakis this summer, look no further for inspiration than these new see-through lace shorts.
The new men’s style meme came about after musician and rapper Cazwell asked Hoza Rodriguez, owner of Los Angeles menswear brand Hologram City, to design and style the video for his song “Loose Wrist,” Rodriguez said.
“He had a vision of pastels, which we both were super into, and then he took a nap one day and was like, lace!” he wrote to TIME in an email, describing the ensuing outfit as having a preppy feel with a twist.
Though the sheer lace look was designed for Cazwell, Rodriguez confirms they’ll also be up for sale for those of us not planning to shoot any music videos in the near future, according to Rodriguez.
“People love them and people hate them, but that doesn’t stop fashion,” he said.
The shorts go on pre-sale June 2 at HologramCity.net.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time