If the RompHim left you craving even more fashionable — and slightly flashier — alternatives to khakis this summer, look no further for inspiration than these new see-through lace shorts.
The new men’s style meme came about after musician and rapper Cazwell asked Hoza Rodriguez, owner of Los Angeles menswear brand Hologram City, to design and style the video for his song “Loose Wrist,” Rodriguez said.
“He had a vision of pastels, which we both were super into, and then he took a nap one day and was like, lace!” he wrote to TIME in an email, describing the ensuing outfit as having a preppy feel with a twist.
Though the sheer lace look was designed for Cazwell, Rodriguez confirms they’ll also be up for sale for those of us not planning to shoot any music videos in the near future, according to Rodriguez.
“People love them and people hate them, but that doesn’t stop fashion,” he said.
The shorts go on pre-sale June 2 at HologramCity.net.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This