In footage of his arrest Monday night, Tiger Woods looked confused as officers asked him to participate in a field sobriety test.
Woods tells an officer he did not use any alcohol or drugs, but does admit to taking medication.
In the video, which was released by the Jupiter, Fla. Police Department, Woods appears to have difficulty with multiple tests, including one where he is asked to follow a light with his eyes. “You’re not even looking at the light,” the officer is heard saying.
The golfer begins to walk away during the tests, and is later seen being put in handcuffs.
Woods said he didn’t realize the mix of medications affected him that strongly. He underwent back surgery at the end of April.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com