Right around midnight on Tuesday, the President sent a strange message to his 31 million Twitter followers, which simply read: “Despite the constant negative press covfefe.” The tweet was not immediately deleted and accumulated more than 100,000 retweets and hundreds of humorous reactions before it was finally removed from the site.
Now Trump has responded to the mystery surrounding his newly-minted word, which continues to trend on Twitter. “Who can figure out the true meaning of “covfefe” ??? Enjoy!” he wrote in a tweet sent early Wednesday morning, clearly enjoying the attention the presumed-typo garnered overnight.
Trump’s second tweet gained more than seven thousand retweets just minutes after it was sent.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization