Right around midnight on Tuesday, the President sent a strange message to his 31 million Twitter followers, which simply read: “Despite the constant negative press covfefe.” The tweet was not immediately deleted and accumulated more than 100,000 retweets and hundreds of humorous reactions before it was finally removed from the site.
Now Trump has responded to the mystery surrounding his newly-minted word, which continues to trend on Twitter. “Who can figure out the true meaning of “covfefe” ??? Enjoy!” he wrote in a tweet sent early Wednesday morning, clearly enjoying the attention the presumed-typo garnered overnight.
Trump’s second tweet gained more than seven thousand retweets just minutes after it was sent.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time