The scare was initially documented online as theatergoers tweeted news of their evacuation.
The Old Vic subsequently confirmed the reports in a tweet of their own, writing: “We have been evacuated as a precaution; audience safety is our priority. We are liaising with the Met Police.”
Approximately 20 minutes later, the theater confirmed there was nothing suspicious found, adding: “Following Met Police advice, this evening’s performance will go ahead as planned.”
Boyega has the lead role in the play and once again stars in the latest episode of the Star Wars saga, The Last Jedi, which arrives in theaters in December.
The United Kingdom has been on high alert following last week’s bombing at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, which killed 22 people.
Earlier Saturday, the U.K. terrorism threat level was reduced from “critical” to “severe,” but authorities around the country remain on high alert.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time