An 11-year-old girl accused her school of committing a war crime — and the accusation has gone viral, thanks to her dad.
Gavin Bell, an author who goes by the pen name Mason Cross, tweeted a photo of his daughter Ava’s response when asked what her teacher can do better.
“Not use collective punishment as it is not fair on the many people who did nothing and under the 1949 Geova [sic] Conventions it is a war crime,” Ava wrote.
Bell posted the photo saying, “Not sure if I should ground her or buy her ice cream.” He later tweeted that he opted to give her ice cream.
Bell told the BBC this his daughter has a “Google habit” and that, yes, she actually likes the teacher, despite being against collective punishment.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow