Moonlite Bunny Ranch owner Dennis Hof described the driver who crashed a stolen semi-tractor trailer rig into the brothel as a “disgruntled former trucking company employee,” who acted “in an apparent sadistic attempt to gain notoriety,” in a blog post chronicling the crash.
Law enforcement identified the driver who smashed into the front of the well-known Nevada brothel as 40-year-old Reno man Brian Brandt.
“We heard a loud crash and usually noises like that indicate some kind of celebration here,” said sex worker Summer Sebastian in a video included in Hof’s post. “The structure of the building was shaking and there was glass smashing and something wasn’t right.”
No one was injured in the crash.
Brandt was charged with assault with a deadly weapon, destruction of property of another and possession of stolen property, according to the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com