Vice President Mike Pence will deliver the commencement address at the Naval Academy on Friday.
Pence’s speech breaks a recent tradition of presidents addressing the Naval Academy graduates during their first year in office. Both Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama did. But President Donald Trump is currently overseas at the G7 summit.
Pence drew protests from students, many of whom walked out, during his graduation speech at Notre Dame last weekend. On Friday he’ll be addressing about 1,000 midshipmen at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis.
He is scheduled to speak at about 10 a.m. E.T. You can watch it live above.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body