After Katy Perry confirmed a long-rumored clash with Taylor Swift that began with a disagreement over shared backup dancers on Monday, Perry says she’s ready to mend fences.
During a Tuesday interview with SiriusXM Morning Mash Up to promote her upcoming album, Perry addressed speculation that her latest strongly worded track is a barb aimed directly at the 1989 singer.
“‘Swish Swish’ just basically is like, I stay winning. I just like, you know I’m above that cr-p,” Perry said. “I’m gonna stay winning. You’re gonna try to hold me down. I’m gonna come out like a phoenix rising.”
“You know it’s not about any one thing. Like of course we [Taylor Swift and Katy Perry] have our situation. I did try and reach out to her. I tried to do the right thing, the good thing, and you know she shut me down and wrote a song.”
And if Swift were to call Perry on FaceTime, would Perry answer?
“Absolutely,” Perry said. “By the way, I am ready because I think when women unite, the world is going to heal.”
“I don’t have any beef really with anyone. I love everyone and honestly, I love everyone and I think we need to unite now more than ever.”
Watch the clip below. Perry’s new album Witness comes out June 9.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer