Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, everybody’s favorite Baywatch star and the internet’s preferred celebrity, never shies away from a chance to poke fun at himself. That tendency came out in full force when he hosted the weekend’s Saturday Night Live and managed to re-create one of his most iconic moments in pop culture: his fanny pack photo.
The picture, of a young Rock decked out in faded jeans, a black turtleneck, and that all-important leather fanny pack, is a favorite of his fandom and of pop culture in general; it pops up often as a Halloween costume over the years, for instance. So for his hosting gig, the people tasked with putting together the “bumper” photos that kick off each of the evening’s segments apparently decided to remake the look. And the internet is very much here for the ensuing shots. The Rock really is on a roll lately.
He also took the time to respond to a meme about him.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time