Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, everybody’s favorite Baywatch star and the internet’s preferred celebrity, never shies away from a chance to poke fun at himself. That tendency came out in full force when he hosted the weekend’s Saturday Night Live and managed to re-create one of his most iconic moments in pop culture: his fanny pack photo.
The picture, of a young Rock decked out in faded jeans, a black turtleneck, and that all-important leather fanny pack, is a favorite of his fandom and of pop culture in general; it pops up often as a Halloween costume over the years, for instance. So for his hosting gig, the people tasked with putting together the “bumper” photos that kick off each of the evening’s segments apparently decided to remake the look. And the internet is very much here for the ensuing shots. The Rock really is on a roll lately.
He also took the time to respond to a meme about him.
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future