Although the fifth season of House of Cards is slated to drop soon, Robin Wright thinks that the thrilling political Netflix series might pale in comparison to real life.
During a Variety panel at the Cannes Film Festival, the actor, who portrays the icy, powerful Claire Underwood on the show, candidly shared that the upcoming season might not be as dramatic as the current political landscape.
“Trump has stolen all of our ideas for season 6,” she said with a laugh. “I don’t know what we’re going to do, seriously.”
While Variety reported that Wright was feeling discouraged by recent events, she remains positive.
“I’ve got to see the hope somewhere,” she said. “Oh my God, we have four years of this.”
As for who Wright would like to see leading the country, her answer was Michelle Obama.
“I want Michelle Obama up there,” she said. “She would be a great female president.”
Watch Wright discuss House of Cards below.
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement