During a Variety panel at the Cannes Film Festival, the actor, who portrays the icy, powerful Claire Underwood on the show, candidly shared that the upcoming season might not be as dramatic as the current political landscape.
“Trump has stolen all of our ideas for season 6,” she said with a laugh. “I don’t know what we’re going to do, seriously.”
While Variety reported that Wright was feeling discouraged by recent events, she remains positive.
“I’ve got to see the hope somewhere,” she said. “Oh my God, we have four years of this.”
As for who Wright would like to see leading the country, her answer was Michelle Obama.
“I want Michelle Obama up there,” she said. “She would be a great female president.”
Watch Wright discuss House of Cards below.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022