During a Variety panel at the Cannes Film Festival, the actor, who portrays the icy, powerful Claire Underwood on the show, candidly shared that the upcoming season might not be as dramatic as the current political landscape.
“Trump has stolen all of our ideas for season 6,” she said with a laugh. “I don’t know what we’re going to do, seriously.”
While Variety reported that Wright was feeling discouraged by recent events, she remains positive.
“I’ve got to see the hope somewhere,” she said. “Oh my God, we have four years of this.”
As for who Wright would like to see leading the country, her answer was Michelle Obama.
“I want Michelle Obama up there,” she said. “She would be a great female president.”
Watch Wright discuss House of Cards below.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time