Awards shows mean red carpets and red carpets generally mean a deluge of designer gowns and finery. But at the Cannes Film Festival this year, Marion Cotillard made a case for going casual on the red carpet when she opted for an edgy pair of blue jeans instead of the typical dress on the first day of the festival.
The French actor showed up to a photo call for her upcoming film Ismael’s Ghosts in an oversized and voluminous white t-shirt dress with lacing detailing and a high slit that revealed a pair of Y/Project jeans that featured a decorative triple cuff. Cotillard dressed up the relaxed look with a pair of strappy stiletto sandals and a pair of mirrored sunglasses.
Are jeans the latest trend for the red carpet? With a week of Cannes festivities ahead, only time will tell. See Cotillard’s casual look below.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022