Mike Huckabee was not entertained by Saturday Night Live’s impression of his daughter, White House staffer Sarah Huckabee Sanders.
“I thought it was a little bit silly, sexist, [and] misogynist, but my daughter is certainly capable of handling a whole lot worse than that,” the former Governor of Arkansas told Fox Business News.
The skit in question featured Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer, and Aidy Bryant as Sarah Huckabee Sanders, current Deputy White House Press Secretary.
“My father is Mike Huckabee,” Bryant as Sanders says in the sketch. “My mother is a big Southern hamburger.”
The sketch poked fun at rumors that Sanders, who led several daily press briefings last week, could soon replace Spicer as press secretary.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World