“So I went in to my hair stylist the other day and I said, ‘I want the Ellen.’ And I got it!” Perry told DeGeneres during a chipper visit to The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
“You got it. It’s a little beyond the Ellen. You went to Ellen and past it,” DeGeneres noted, given that Perry’s new ‘do is especially closely shorn on the sides and spiky on top.
But Perry didn’t seem concerned. “It’s a little Ellen and a little Alfalfa,” Perry admitted, mussing up her hair into the Little Rascals favorite’s signature cowlick. She further explained that she had gotten to the point of dying her hair “too blonde” and it was falling out, so she needed a solution, which precipitated the change. “This is the destination that I showed up to,” she concluded. Perry, of course, is known for going through a number of different hair colors and looks over the years, from pastel wigs to this current, simpler iteration.
Her new album, Witness, will be out June 9, which she’ll be following up with a tour. It’s unclear what hair color — or cut — the experimental pop star will have settled on by then. Watch her explain the hair story to Ellen, above.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart