During a recent interview with Variety at the Cannes premiere of her upcoming film The Beguiled, the 35-year-old actor — who played Mary Jane Watson in the big screen Spider-Man trilogy starring Tobey Maguire as the web-slinger from 2002 – 2007— seemed to suggest that nothing can beat the original.
“Everyone likes our Spider-Man,” she said after revealing she hadn’t seen the latest Amazing Spider-Man iteration of the franchise. “C’mon, am I right or what? Listen, I’d rather be in the first ones than the new ones.”
In fact, Dunst was even up for reprising her role as MJ one more time. “I wanted to be in that movie so badly,” she said of the first Sam Raimi-directed installment. “I loved it, and I wish we could have made a fourth.”
Spider-Man: Homecoming hits theaters July 7.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up