This weekend families in the U.S. will celebrate Mother’s Day. My own little unit plans to have brunch with my mother-in-law, then a picnic with my cousin, who is the mother of three young kids. Moms galore! I’ll be missing my own mom, who lives far away.
May also happens to be mental health awareness month. Last week, the UN Foundation hosted a day of events called Moms + Social Good to draw awareness to some of the critical issues moms around the world face. I had the pleasure of discussing maternal mental health with Drs. Vanessa Kerry and Luz Towns-Miranda, who spoke about the need to support mothers, and instill confidence in child-rearing.
With these two May moments in mind, how do you feel about your experience mothering, and how will you honor your own mother? Motto would love to hear.
Happy Mother’s Day! Email me at Claire.Howorth@time.com.
‘I couldn’t love him more’
From a bourbon ice tea to crispy potatoes
Excessive worry can be an indicator
‘Monogamy is a very tough order’
Do you see an opportunity to grow your skills?
A survivor calls for greater awareness of the deadliest cancer for women
It’s OK not to feel joyous on the occasion
In addition to just feeding her baby, Larissa Waters wanted to send a message
And why you need it
One woman recounts her decision to have a oophorectomy
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023