U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren will give the commencement address in the McGuirk Alumni Stadium at the University of Massachusetts Amherst Friday.
University Chancellor Kumble R. Subbaswamy said that Warren was a “role model” for students, making her an optimal choice as keynote speaker.
“We are inspired by her staunch advocacy for equitable access to education, environmental resource conservation and support for economic justice,” Subbaswamy said of Warren in a statement. “These issues are in alignment with our campus’s core values and our long history of activism in pursuit of social justice.”
Watch Warren deliver the commencement address live at 4:30 p.m. EDT on Friday.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears