Clarkson, who won the first season of ABC’s televised talent contest American Idol in 2002, is said to have been in talks with The Voice multiple times, but was unable to join the show due to other work commitments until now, Variety reports.
Season 14 of The Voice is set to premiere in February 2018, one month before American Idol‘s upcoming relaunch. “I’m so excited to join The Voice at NBC,” Clarkson told Variety. “I can’t wait to turn my chair and see the faces of up-and-coming artists and provide them with the help and support they’ve needed to break into the industry. Watch out Shelton, I’m comin’ to win!”
Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson, who rose to fame after she appeared as an American Idol contestant in 2004, is confirmed to be joining Miley Cyrus as well as regulars Levine and Shelton for season 13 of The Voice this fall.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World