Clarkson, who won the first season of ABC’s televised talent contest American Idol in 2002, is said to have been in talks with The Voice multiple times, but was unable to join the show due to other work commitments until now, Variety reports.
Season 14 of The Voice is set to premiere in February 2018, one month before American Idol‘s upcoming relaunch. “I’m so excited to join The Voice at NBC,” Clarkson told Variety. “I can’t wait to turn my chair and see the faces of up-and-coming artists and provide them with the help and support they’ve needed to break into the industry. Watch out Shelton, I’m comin’ to win!”
Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson, who rose to fame after she appeared as an American Idol contestant in 2004, is confirmed to be joining Miley Cyrus as well as regulars Levine and Shelton for season 13 of The Voice this fall.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time