Like unicorn frappuccinos, latte art is the latest in a string of trends perfect for “doing it for the ‘Gram.” However, one coffee artist is taking this caffeine-fueled expression to the next level with latte art that basically belongs in a museum.
Kangbin Lee, a Korean “coffee artist,” makes insanely detailed latte art that riffs on everything from cult classic films like E.T. and Disney animations to fine art masterpieces like Vincent Van Gogh’s Starry Night. In fact, the labor-intensive works of art are so stunning, it could be easy to forget that they sit atop lattes.
In addition to his colorful, hyper-detailed lattes, Lee also creates traditional latte art, but one thing’s for sure — all of his lattes are almost too beautiful to drink.
See the best latte art from Kangbin below.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out