Just two days after taking the reins from ousted FBI Director James Comey, Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe will testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee Wednesday.
McCabe is filling in for Comey, who was originally slated to testify before he was abruptly fired by President Donald Trump on Tuesday. He will likely field questions on the FBI’s probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election — an investigation Comey had recently accelerated in the weeks before he was fired, according to the Associated Press.
Just days before he was axed, Comey asked for more funding for the probe, which also includes investigating people affiliated with Trump’s campaign and their ties to Russia.
White House officials, including Trump, said Comey wasn’t fired for his investigation — instead saying the President was disappointed in his job performance.
“He wasn’t doing a good job. Very simply. He was not doing a good job,” Trump said Wednesday.
Watch McCabe’s testimony, which starts at 10 a.m. E.T., live above.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time