Just two days after taking the reins from ousted FBI Director James Comey, Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe will testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee Wednesday.
McCabe is filling in for Comey, who was originally slated to testify before he was abruptly fired by President Donald Trump on Tuesday. He will likely field questions on the FBI’s probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election — an investigation Comey had recently accelerated in the weeks before he was fired, according to the Associated Press.
Just days before he was axed, Comey asked for more funding for the probe, which also includes investigating people affiliated with Trump’s campaign and their ties to Russia.
White House officials, including Trump, said Comey wasn’t fired for his investigation — instead saying the President was disappointed in his job performance.
“He wasn’t doing a good job. Very simply. He was not doing a good job,” Trump said Wednesday.
Watch McCabe’s testimony, which starts at 10 a.m. E.T., live above.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating