If you like avocado toast and home ownership, an Australian realtor has a place for you. A real estate agent in Brisbane, Australia is offering a year’s supply of free avocado toast at your favorite café with the purchase of a $595,000 townhouse.
As reported by Brisbane’s 9 News the townhouses feature “chic design elements” and “quality craftsmanship” but to make their well-crafted, chic townhouses stand out among all the others on the market, the real estate agents Ray White Sherwood got a little creative. Whoever buys the home also gets a year’s supply of avocado toast, although their definition of “a year’s supply of avocado on toast” seems to translate to brunching on it once a weekend from a café in Brisbane.
The idea apparently came about as a way to make sure that young potential home owners aren’t spending all their money on brunch, and instead can save all that avocado-toast money for a deposit on a home. It’s simultaneously slightly insulting and downright ingenious.
The house isn’t built yet, but has already received six offers, according to 9 News.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction