Sanders already defended the firing in an appearance on Morning Joe Wednesday morning. Republicans and Democrats alike have voiced concerns over the timing of Trump’s decision, given that Comey was leading an investigation into potential ties between the Russian government and members of Trump’s presidential campaign team.
Sanders is filling in for Press Secretary Sean Spicer this week, while Spicer fulfills his U.S. Navy Reserve duty.
Watch the briefing live above.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color