President Trump’s decision to fire FBI Director James Comey was the talk of the nation on Tuesday and The Daily Show was no exception. Host Trevor Noah held nothing back as he called Trump’s rationale for firing Comey both “insane” and “the most gangster excuse,” while also pointing out that Comey was leading the investigation about possible Russian ties to the 2016 presidential election.
“You can’t just fire the FBI director,” Noah said. “If he’s gone, who’s going to investigate Russia’s ties to — oh…”
Noah also took issue with Trump saying that Comey mishandled the investigation about Hillary Clinton’s private email server.
“This is insane,” he said. “Do you understand the excuse Trump is giving? Trump is basically saying he’s doing this because of what Comey did to Hillary. That is the most gangster excuse I’ve ever heard.”
Noah concluded with an imitation of Trump that poked fun at the president’s seeming concern for Clinton with the firing of Comey.
“I am doing this to clear my good friend, Crooked Hillary, because James Comey clearly just wanted to lock her up, lock her up, lock her up.”
Watch the full clip below.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body