When many eyes were fixed on the news during the announcement of the Australian budget Tuesday night, the Netflix political drama ran a 30-second video created to look like a political ad titled “Australians for Underwood,” urging viewers to support a new leader.
As the farmer in the commercial puts it, “Frankly, it’s time we had some real leadership. Like they do in the U.S.” The spot waits until the end to reveal that the leader “who will not yield” is in fact Spacey’s scheming POTUS character.
The House of Cards video had garnered 342,001 views as of Wednesday morning, and the ad campaign included a print ad and a Facebook page. The show drops on Netflix on May 30.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer