“She basically tried to sabotage an entire arena tour. She tried to hire a bunch of people out from under me,” Swift told Rolling Stone of the unnamed foe in 2014, leading some to believe she was referencing her and Perry’s shared backup dancers.
Perry has never directly responded to Swift’s song or subsequent comments. However, during a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, the “Chained to the Rhythm” artist spoke about whether she addresses the supposed diss track on her upcoming album. “I think [my new album is] a very empowered record,” she said. “There is no one thing that’s calling out any one person.”
Perry continued by offering a somewhat ambiguous answer to the question.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption