1. Let’s modernize the GI Bill so returning vets can learn to code.
By Andrew Zaleski at Backchannel
2. Reducing food waste isn’t just good for the planet. It’s good for business.
By Eillie Anzilotti in Fast Company
3. Data is the world’s most valuable commodity. So how do we regulate its use?
By The Economist
4. Plain old aspirin might have the power to stop cancer from spreading.
By Viviane Callier in Scientific American
5. Scientists are tricking out this robotic life raft to rescue refugees off the Greek coast.
By Julia Franz in Science Friday from PRI
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction