The novel centers on Lady Madeline Parker, who “must choose between a life of order and a man of passion” — that man being Harland, a “handsome sailor with a mysterious past.”
Mother’s Day happens to be KFC’s best-selling day of the year, the company said in a statement, and the romance novel is part of a promotion for the $20 Fill Up special.
“This Mother’s Day, let Colonel Sanders take care of dinner — and mom’s fantasies by giving her Tender Wings of Desire,” a shirtless man says in an ad promoting the book.
The book has four out of five stars on Amazon, and some fans of the book have called it “deliciously crisp writing” with “free-range love.”
But other readers weren’t as pleased.
“The Colonel didn’t satisfy me,” confessed one reader.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022