The novel centers on Lady Madeline Parker, who “must choose between a life of order and a man of passion” — that man being Harland, a “handsome sailor with a mysterious past.”
Mother’s Day happens to be KFC’s best-selling day of the year, the company said in a statement, and the romance novel is part of a promotion for the $20 Fill Up special.
“This Mother’s Day, let Colonel Sanders take care of dinner — and mom’s fantasies by giving her Tender Wings of Desire,” a shirtless man says in an ad promoting the book.
The book has four out of five stars on Amazon, and some fans of the book have called it “deliciously crisp writing” with “free-range love.”
But other readers weren’t as pleased.
“The Colonel didn’t satisfy me,” confessed one reader.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World