Jimmy Kimmel’s tearful monologue about his infant son’s heart surgery struck a cord with at least one member of Congress.
Republican Louisiana Senator Bill Cassidy said Friday that he’s basing his support on a bill to repeal and replace Obamacare on “the Jimmy Kimmel test.”
“I ask, Does it pass the Jimmy Kimmel test?” Cassidy told CNN. “Would the child born with a congenital heart disease be able to get everything she or he would need in that first year of life … That they would receive all of the services even if they go over a certain amount?”
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving