After stating that many people fear the order — which eases IRS restrictions on the political activity of religious groups — will allow religion to have too much influence on politics, The Late Show host explained that he is nervous about the reverse. So he turned to God — who appeared on the studio’s ceiling — to discuss the matter.
Turns out, God doesn’t really care for politics. “I’m not a big fan of executive orders — they don’t work,” He said. “I tried 10 of them once, and everyone’s still coveting their neighbor’s wife and taking my name in vain.”
And as for whether He is a Republican or Democrat: “Oh, neither…Isn’t it obvious by now — I’m an anarchist. Didn’t you see how many Fast and Furious movies there are?”
Watch the full clip below.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time